Sunday, January 10, 2010

Emily's Letter

This is the letter that my cute girl keeps safely tucked away, under her pillow.


Emily,

From the moment you fought your way into this life you had more struggles than most people have to endure, but you never complain about the obstacles you face and, in fact, you bring sunshine and happiness everywhere you go. Your nickname as a baby was "Happiness Concentrate" and you still live your life that way. Your family looks up to you as a person who can be depended on to watch over and nurture those around you, bring a good joke into conversations, and make us smile with your goofball humor.

Em, you have always shown me that the simple things in life are what matters most. I am so touched that you let your baby cousin borrow your most precious toys, and even more touching was when your toy was ruined, your first concern was for the health of the puppy that destroyed it, rather than feeling sorrow over the loss of your possession. You have amazing qualities that the rest of us should strive to live by so hold on to those qualities and remember to live your life as a leader rather than a follower because you have so much to offer everyone around you.

Never forget how much your family loves you. You are the light and the joy that binds us together. I am so proud of all that you accomplish, whether it is academics, sports, or even the way you excel at video games! Your grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins are always telling me how incredible you are, and I have to agree. I always point out to them that I am lucky to be your Mom... You are such an easy girl to parent because you listen to your parents and heed our advice most of the time. ;)

It is my hope for you that you will keep your individual spirit strong, never let anyone tell you that you are not good enough or that you should change who you are. You are a fighter, Em, so be sure that you fight for the good things in life. You have so much life and beauty in you that just being near you makes my heart soar and I know that within you there are great and wondrous things to come. Just do not rush it. I want you to get out there and grab life head on, but at the same time, do not be in a hurry to grow up. One of your greatest strengths is that you are growing up without giving up the fun-loving child in you. Do not give up on the person you really are because believe me when I tell you that you are the kind of person I have always wished I could be.

You are my hero, Emily. Be strong and happy. That is all I have ever wanted for you.

Have fun camping and be safe! I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get home. ***Hugs, Snuggles, and Kisses***

Love, Mom

P.S. Carley thinks this letter sounds like a stranger wrote it, but I promise you that your MOM really did write the whole thing! LOL

We love you!! - Mom & Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.