Thursday, July 1, 2010

Never Surrender!

I may be tempting the bad luck genie by writing about this, but oh well! Today we are busy making preparations to leave for Bear Lake tomorrow! WoOt! This is complicated by the fact that Bill and I both have to work today. But believe me when I tell you that my list is going strong and a mile long!


Bill drove the boat up to the lake yesterday (all before work, I might add!) so today is his day to get firewood and a few other things that have to get done in a manly sort of way.  This means that the ENTIRE grocery / food preparation has fallen on us girls. It might seem like a perfectly normal thing... the girls handling the food stuff. However, my guy is so rockin' awesome that he usually helps with all of the food prep too! Needless to say, as Carley and I were working on our Food Prep list this morning, we both looked over at Linz (who was happily munching on her cereal at the time) and told her how glad we were that we have her mad organizational skills on our side!

Side Note: Speaking of Linz's mad organizational skills, I actually had to force her to quit organizing/cleaning last night at 10:30!  She's such an awesome helper!

If you happen to drive past our house today, don't be surprised if you see fast and furious activity, because we are definitely scrambling! The downside? Stress causes people to snap... and believe me when I tell you that today we are a bunch of snapping turtles moving at warp speed! Don't get in our way, but you're welcome to jump in and help!

Here's to hoping that our infamous Bad Luck does not follow us on this trip. However, I was informed late last night that there is a cold front moving in. Just. In. Time. For. Our. Boating. Trip.   PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.