Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Is In The Air!

This morning the air was crisp and the sky was on fire as the sun lit up the threatening storm clouds. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and sat mesmerized by the bright pink and red glow outside my window. An hour later, I found myself laughing as I heard the nearby squeals of teenagers standing at the school bus stop when it began to rain unexpectedly. It was a perfect fall morning!  

All week I have been working hard on my fall tradition - canning tomatoes. We pick them ourselves at a local farm and then I happily peel them and stuff them into quart jars. Each fall I put up about 60 quarts and by the end of each summer, we are lucky if we have one or two quarts remaining. Sweet Hubby thinks I am crazy for loving this task, but I find the work extremely satisfying and I look forward to it every fall!

[Fudge+Pictures+025.jpg]
This pic is actually of last year's tomatoes. These babies are long gone!
The cooler air also means that the time for pumpkins is approaching and I am excited about that too! 

[camera+pics+216.jpg] 

Fall is my drug and I'm helplessly addicted!

http://www.grandfather.com/images/media_downloads/fall-road.jpg


fall  

fall-leaves.jpg



3 comments:

  1. I love "fall is my drug..."

    I love fall too, I just hate what follows it.

    I love tomatoes. ARe they good canned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use canned tomatoes all year long. I think they are really good! Soooo much better than what you get at the grocery store. I use them in soups, sauces, Mexican and Italian dishes all the time.

    Saturday we will start canning the salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I'm so excited after the weather today. Bring on the fall! and the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.