Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Shopping

I'm not a shopper. I shrink from the crowds and I have a special dislike for Malls. All of this is to the dismay of my teenage girls who adore shopping at the Mall.

But I ask you, where is the fun in this?

Black Friday Holiday Shopping
Some of you are probably getting a adrenalin kick just looking at that shopping photo. But not me. That will never be me.  I go to the Mall when I have to, and that sometimes includes the Christmas season.

Around here, the shopping season has officially begun when the UPS truck starts dropping these off in mass quantity...

5 Boxes!
Not. Even. Kidding!

My Bedroom is slowly disappearing amid the brown boxes of carefully packaged happiness just waiting to be opened and repackaged in festive paper. The kids know that my bedroom is officially off limits to them in December, although I have been known to be forgetful and send someone on a random errand to my bedroom where they accidentally sneak a peek. Oops!

Maybe they see something like this?


What?? Those boxes need something to do while they patiently wait for the big reveal on Christmas morning.  It could happen!



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I hate shopping and ever since free shipping, I am totally down with the online ordering.

    Your new header is great. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.