Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ashley's Heart Update

Because my Hubby is on a plane headed home right now, I will share with you the text message he sent me today to update me on the meeting with the doc.

"Ashley will be getting an Amplatzer in June. Her hole is 10 to 12 mm. Ellen said she is sorry for hurting your feelings and she said you and the girls should come out for the surgery."

So that's good news! The Amplatzer is exactly what I was hoping for because it is what Linzie had placed in her heart when she was 9 years old so we know what to expect. It is a relatively simple and routine procedure that involves inserting the umbrella-like device over the hole in her heart by going up through the artery in her leg. Linzie's entire operation, which included two different procedures, was over in 40 minutes total. Ashley will likely have a sore leg for a week or so and will have to take it easy for about a month while taking a baby aspirin every day for heart therapy.

She will do just fine!

The tricky part will be coordinating schedules in June because Carley and Madi graduate on June 2nd.. hopefully we won't have to split the parenting to attend both events at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.