Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Broken Hearts

Our hearts are breaking tonight after hearing the news that beautiful Madey Slaughter has passed on after her valiant battle against cancer. 


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgQy-xSMZyF097kwvbIa-gZ8QD_mNByXWWli5fynGQ8TRwxUAe2-Nv2mtK9d8PtZPVE4WqEPEaAhYxezAT4DcEYXMVt_8KCOg7MctQQEjfzcA6D7iC97nbDDq2AdZ6GyfYXiejzkxJPcVo/s1600/RLT_9114-2.jpg
When we heard the news we were actually in the process of working with Jennifer at The Vintage Pearl to order keepsakes for each member of the Slaughter family. With tears streaming down our faces, we completed the order for necklaces, bracelets and other items with the assurance from Jennifer that at least one of the necklaces would ship tomorrow so the family could still give it to Madey if they choose to do so.

I am so impressed with the generous friends of Hillary and Madey Slaughter who all donated for this cause, and I am humbled and grateful for the angels at The Vintage Pearl who generously donated the rest so that we can offer this family gifts of remembrance in this great time of sorrow.

Please keep the Slaughter family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.