Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inspiration From My Girl

I'm sitting here talking with my girlie, Carley, on her day off. This girl really makes life fun. Everywhere she goes, she makes people smile, laugh and feel better about themselves and life in general. I am so lucky I get to be her mom!

I have often said that my girls teach me more than I teach them. I know the reality of it is that we teach each other, but I always feel like I get the better end of the deal somehow. Since Carley graduated from high school, she has really blossomed. Adulthood suits her. Every day she comes home with tales of work and friends, almost always laughing, and I think to myself, "She's got everything figured out. She's going to be just fine." That's a great feeling for a mom, knowing that this little girlie of mine is happy and doing the right things. She's got life by the horns and she's rockin' it! So even if I still feel overprotective of her and cringe when she tells me she's taking a California road trip with friends, I take a deep breath and remind myself how responsible she is... and I do my best to let my little birdie fly.

Carley started a new blog a while ago and once again she amazes me. Her writing is artistic and her words are beautiful. I'm sharing it here today because I'm really proud of all she has accomplished.  Click the link below to experience her words for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.