Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Good Life

Last Easter we packed up the girls, our camping gear and other necessities, and headed to Little Sahara Sand Dunes for some fun filled four wheeling.  What we ended up with was mud caked, frozen solid memories! But if you ask the girls about it, they will talk your ear off about all of the fun they had. 

That is the stuff childhood is made of. 

Sunday we will once again head off into the wilderness with our girls, but we will be short one this year because our delightful Emmerly will instead be heading off to sunny California on a trip with her school choir. (We will miss you, Roosafee!) I could begin a sad, depressing rant about how my life is changing and maybe we have already experienced the last complete family camping trip... but not today.

Needless to say, our week has been filled with a mountain of tasks and errands required to move our household to the great outdoors. 

Hubby built a covered wagon using our atv trailer and some poles. (I'm not even kidding, although I wish I was!) He insists that he wants us to have shade out in the desert. I didn't come out of the house for 2 days because I was afraid people would ask us if we were building a parade float.  Sure enough, one day a neighbor asked Bill if we were entering the Days of '47 parade.

*Snort*

Once he had it set up and staked down, it took the wind 2 seconds to rip the tarp. I didn't say a word... And it took a tremendous amount of self control to hold it in! If I had, it would have been something along the lines of, "Even the Gods disapprove of a giant, bright blue covered wagon."

I adore my Hubby, I do.  While I was busy working this week, He has spent his spare time moving his elderly father into a new apartment, prepping the four wheelers for our trip, shopping for camping groceries, and preparing components of the camping meals in advance.

That's one hard working dude! 

In fact, he was so busy that he never found time for that haircut that he so desperately needs.  I swear it is time for me to learn how to buzz his hair myself! How difficult can it be, right? 

So tomorrow my scruffy, scraggly man and I will take five girls camping out in the elements. Our home away from home will be staked down among the wind, rain, bitter cold nights, and hopefully some sun.

We will be sure to take lots and lots of photos. But right now I need to go visit my sweet girlies who are singing along to the Glee soundtrack as they color Easter eggs. 

Our life is a good life!

1 comment:

  1. :D You maker me gappy! Don't forget that you are one hard working mama chacha as well! <3

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.