Friday, April 30, 2010

They Make My Heart Smile

As I watched Abby and Linzie walk down the driveway this morning, headed to the bus stop, I noticed Linzie's luxuriant dark hair bouncing high on her head with each step she took.  She pulled it up in a clip today and I am so envious of how simply beautiful her hairstyle is.  I also smiled to myself as, once again, I noticed Abby's feet adorned in her green Peace flip flops. (Abby, it's snowing outside.. yanno?) 

I smiled even more. 

These girls of mine are beautiful and complicated creatures who bring me so much joy! And heartache, worry, stress.. depending on the day.  But always there is joy and pride in abundance.

I was thinking of all the things I love about each one of them and decided to post an abbreviated list here.   

These are a few of my favorite things. 




 Madison's gut laugh when something strikes her funny bone. (It can be difficult to amuse her with our juvenile humor) She has a passion for penguins and the color purple. The color, not the movie.







Carley's tiny hands and feet.  She loves her feet, she really does.  I love her hands, especially when she holds mine during movies. She has the cutest little heart-shaped freckle on her finger, and another on the palm of her hand. She sees the world's colors and shapes in ways that I can only imagine. I admire her artistic talent!




Emily's energy is off the charts. She loves to entertain and be involved in dramatic arts. I try to imagine launching random high kicks just for fun, but I can't get there. I can't even remember the last time I wanted to kick anything... maybe if I needed to save my life - nah, I'd just get Emily to do it for me because her high kicks are amazing!






Linzie is the one we tease about being the second mom of the house.  However, beyond her amazing organizational skills there is a goofy little chick who tends to stick her tongue out when she's concentrating on something.  She's also darn good at the phlebbt noises with that talented tongue.  : P








Abby can't stand insects, but she loves animals. And I grinned as I glimpsed her enthusiastically trimming the edges of the lawn with my cutlery scissors last weekend. Hey, I'll take whatever help I can get! She also happens to be my four-wheelin' buddy  with the greatest laugh whenever we go riding.






 These little women are my heart and soul. 
They make me laugh and smile just by thinking about them. I don't mind sounding like a broken record by once again declaring how lucky I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.