Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthdays BBQs and Hawaii - Oh MY!

We have been living a car insurance slogan over the last week and there simply has not been time to sit down and properly document everything. But no matter how busy life gets, one thing is constant and true -  I adore my family! My husband and girls are the best gift anyone could ever wish for and even though we have our ups and downs, as everyone does, we are livin' the good life right here, right now!

Here are just a few of the highlights from our busy, busy week!

Life Comes At You Fast!


  • Ashley flew in from Georgia. Yay!
  • Finally made the decision to spend my inheritance from Grandpa Robinson on a new lens for my camera. I think he would be pleased that we are constantly documenting our journey on this trip we call life.
  • Memorial Day cemetery road trip on my 39th birthday- I loaded all 6 of the kiddos in the Durango and we drove to Brigham City, Logan and Smithfield to place flowers on the graves of our departed loved ones.
  • A mere 6 hours later we rushed home to hold a celebratory birthday bbq at our house. Tons of fun and the food was excellent! Can I just say that I LOVE hanging out on our beautiful deck and sharing lots of laughter with family and friends?
  • Monday morning - more cemetery trips. This time we went to the cemetery where Grandma and Grandpa Robinson were laid to rest. That one still hurts and probably always will. I miss them every day! The flowers were beyond beautiful though, and although the concession stands at the cemetery were a little odd, the bagpipes were a very nice touch.
  • Girls were sick so we had to cut the cemetery trip short. :( We came home and chilled out, which means no one really remembers what we did. haha!
  • Back to school for the girls and I on Tuesday.. bleh. We just had to get through the week!
  • Tuesday was also Bill's birthday! We grilled (again) and then played Mario Kart. Good times!                                           Happy4-Oh sweetheart!
  • SYTYCD!! Oh Yeah! Bring it on! We love to watch this dance series in the summer. That is good quality family time right there.
  • More sniffles, coughs, aches and ickness. :(
  • Have we spent enough time on our deck yet? No? How about the first brick oven pizza night of the year then? Shaweet!
  • What? You want to have "Mexican Food Night" at our house tomorrow? Sounds like a good time! Margaritas anyone?
  • Telestrations! If you have not played this game, we highly recommend it! Where else will you have to be able to draw and understand things such as: Whale Fly, Giant Flying Squid, Stink Death, Wheelchair Factory, Fish Murderer AND Led Zepplin? Seriously, we laughed until we were sick!
  • Mario and more Mario. Summer fun is here and we are enjoying it!
  • HAWAII IN FIVE DAYS!! It is going to be a tough week to endure, but by this time next week we will be chillaxin on The Big Island! I am certain that the pics and stories will make for some great blogging, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait chababe! :D This is going to be a loooooooong week fo sho!

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.