Friday, June 25, 2010

The Sweetest Husband Ever

My sweetheart just brought me breakfast in bed. (And before you start to wonder...no, breakfast does not include the gecko in the picture. I just happen to think this picture shows off his sweet face and puppy dog eyes!) However, I'm not quite "in bed" ...I am actually awake, sitting on the edge of my bed, contemplating the icky work day ahead of me and in addition to that dread I'm sick with a hacking cough and sore throat. So I guess it would be more accurate to say he brought me breakfast ON bed.   Either way, he's so adorable on mornings like this that I can forgive him his frequent butt-head moments.


I should have taken a picture of the breakfast, especially since it has now turned into a blog post, but I am sick, remember? So because I didn't feel well enough to make the trek downstairs for the Evidence of Life digital recording device, please use your imagination as I describe Breakfast On Bed.

My sweetie is a phenom when it comes to grilling....nothing beats his apple wood smoked rib eye! He's even darn good when it comes to making brick oven pizzas. Yum! But for whatever reason, he cannot make hash browns to save his life.  Say it with me, hash BROWNS.  Isn't it clever that the very name of this breakfast staple gives a clue as to how it should be cooked?  This morning the love of my life brought me his special hash black-and-whites.  Not. Even. Kidding.  But he served them with a smile and ample ketchup (burned potato cloaking device) on the side so how could I refuse?

What cracked me up was his comment that had nothing whatsoever to do with the carbonized hash browns. He smiled and presented the burnt offering plate before me saying, "Sorry, the eggs are effed up."  Presumably referring to the fact that one egg appeared to have a broken yolk.  The words had barely left his lips, when my twisted, cold-medicated brain immediately made a joke out of his comment and I half giggled / half suffered a coughing fit in response.  He lifted one eyebrow in surprise and said, "You sound like a smoker. What are you laughing about?"  To which I replied, "That sounds like something a fertility doctor would say."

Ba dum bum ching!

I did discover that he had left a bowl of hash black-and-whites on the counter for the girls and I could not resist snapping a pic with my cell phone.  He is the sweetest husband on the planet! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. You're having funny conversations all over the place today! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the new background, by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? It must be happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.