Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lost Your Muchness? Job Can Fix That!

This morning I woke up to a cool breeze (thanks, Babe!), a sleepy fuzzy head next to me and golden sunshine creeping across the bedroom floor. Nice!

By the time I finished getting ready for work and headed out the door, my muchness had vanished.  I explained it to my girl this way - It's like waking up, feeling like you could use a little warmth and getting a bucket of ice water dumped over your head instead.  Not so nice.

I then had the honor of driving two of my girls to their nanny gig, which is always a happy drive, but it wasn't quite as happy as the ducks frolicking in sprinklers as witnessed the other day. Hmmm... I began thinking to myself that my muchness had been washed down the shower drain. Muchness, you see, can be a fragile and tricky thing.

I drove to work in the traffic, which should be a four letter word. Too crowded, too bright, and too smelly. Muchness now a distant memory. By the time I reached my desk (There is a desk under all of those stacks of paper needing my attention, right?) I was 100% convinced that the muchness was completely missing.

The horrible fluorescent lights in my office don't help one bit on days like this. Why not just stick red hot needles in my eyes and get it over with?

Emails, phone calls, moving piles of paper around the desk, chat with boss, and more phone calls.School registration is in full swing so I pretty much spend all my time on the phone and work on stacks of overdue paperwork from my bed while everyone else is sleeping. Sounds fun, right? (This is why the Excedrin disappears from my cabinet at an alarming rate. I should own stock in the company!)

This is a PR pic from Mini's. I am not a creepy stalker.
I was handling a particularly difficult phone call with a potential vendor when the office door opened and in walked one of my favorite business people in all of downtown Salt Lake City - none other than Job, of Mini's Cupcakes. Job has delivered many lunches to our faculty meetings and he is always smiling and happy! I could see he was carrying a bag and I quickly wrapped up my phone call, thinking that my boss had ordered lunch for herself and some business people she mentioned she was expecting this afternoon.

I greeted Job, who greeted me back with his infectious smile. I asked him what brought him to our office today and he smiled even more as he explained that he had brought us cupcakes. He made no move to hand me an invoice for a signature so I asked quizzically, "What's the occasion?"

More to-die-for grins from Job as he replied, "Because it's Thursday!" He continued to smile as if I had missed the obvious. By this time I was smiling too, muchness well on the way to being restored, and I called my boss out to say hello to Job as well.

Job went on to tell us that there were also sandwiches for us, in addition to the box of cupcakes, because we are regular customers. The most interesting thing about the entire situation was how I could not quit thanking HIM for the "Thank You" that he had brought to us! Irony, I tell you.

I stole these pictures from Mini's Cupcakes Facebook page.
We visited with Job for a few minutes, explaining what our school is about and learning that Job coaches girl's Jr. High basketball.. basically forming a stronger bond with our local crack dealers cupcake suppliers. I already adored Job (how could you not when he is super friendly and has a smile that could melt polar ice caps?) but now I have an even greater appreciation for the guy behind the smile. 

Then there's the six.... (SIX!) chicken walnut *died and gone to heaven* sandwiches and SIX designer cupcakes all boxed up and cute. Nice touch! I told the boss to take them home but she insists that I take them instead. Umm... okay! Twist my arm!

The treats are fun, and absolutely the best example of excellent customer service that I have seen in a very long time, but the true superstar here is Job because he brought back the muchness that I had lost earlier today.  I had no idea that the universe had such a wacky day in store for me today but I am glad to be back on top.

Thanks, Job and Mini's Cupcakes!  Leslie, you've got great staff working for you! 
This is an example of the lunches that we get from Mini's Cupcakes. Their salads are TO DIE FOR! My favorite sandwich is the Turkey, and the lunches all come with little cupcakes. We don't order lunches from anyone else for our faculty meetings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love happy people! :D Glad your muchness has been restored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini's cupcakes sound really good. I may have to try it. Especially with that SERVICE!

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.