Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Liquid Moment In Time

Today I perched on a covered swing, in the rain, with my Sweetheart. 
Gleefully sticking my feet out from underneath the temporary shelter, I delighted in the refreshing sting of raindrops blown across the exposed skin of my summer-tanned toes.
The rain came down HARD... 
and sometimes sideways
The determined storm had no time for gentility, no interest in repose.
Thunder cracked overhead in ferocious agreement.
We admired our lush gardens showered by Heavenly torrents,
as we simultaneously marveled at the fire glowing hot in spite of the downpour.
The intoxicatingly fragrant heat lunged toward us repeatedly 
as the wind whipped the trees in a tribal dance.
The bbq could wait.. 

2 comments:

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.