Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Missing Person Report

Today I thought I'd explain my absence from the blog-o-verse.  Or, as I frequently say scream in my head,
 "WHERE THE FREAK HAVE I GONE?!!" 
This is a picture of a black hole. Or a cosmic toilet flush.. Either way, I think I'm stuck in one of these. But I think I lean more toward the toilet theory because I wouldn't say I'm feeling Stellar.. more like crappy! (Get it?)
Actually, I can't help but notice that no one has reported me missing, no one has called to ask if I'm conscious or breathing, and no one has volunteered to come over and clean my house.  (My kids are going to be really annoyed by that last attempt at humor and I'll explain why in a bit..)  For those that are dying to know, I am conscious, even when I don't want to be, I am breathing - although a lot of time through clenched teeth, and the house is getting clean... sort of..  sometimes. 

So what is my deal? Quite simply, school starts on Monday. MONDAY! And I work for an online high school.  There are students to enroll, orientations to schedule, computers to assign, staff to placate, and mountains of paperwork to create and file! I can't remember the last time I had a weekend or an evening off, my email is up in the thousands and my phone never quits ringing. That's right, the school phone is a cell phone and like a tick burrowed in deep, it goes everywhere with me. 

I am beat to a pulp and so brain dead it isn't funny.  
But the silver lining is that my family is rockin' awesome! The girls clean up the house with gentle reminding, a few have resorted to going to work with me so they can remember what I look like, and they always greet me with a smile and "I missed you, mom!" Sweet girls, thanks for being so forgiving when your overworked mom falls asleep at dinner, forgets words in the middle of a sentence, and can only stare blankly when asked a question. I appreciate the fact that they are old enough to handle school shopping somewhat on their own.. and I really hope they will forgive me someday for not being there.

This too shall pass.  I hope! 

1 comment:

  1. Chababe, you don't have anything to be forgiven for. You're the hardest worker I know and we know that this is a had time of year for schools. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.