Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Frick & Frack!



You have both heard the story of your birth at least a thousand times. You both know that it is a miracle you are here.. happy, healthy and bringing so much joy to those around you. As your mom, I delight in watching you grow up, but I have to admit there is a tiny bit of sadness when I fondly recall those kissable chubby toddler cheeks, the tiny hands that would grasp mine so tightly, and how I was the only one you wanted when you were hurt or sad.  

(Although I never want you to hurt, I always want to be the one you turn to when you need a shoulder to cry on!) 


I never get tired of watching the way you interact with each other. From the way you twine your feet together and swing them back and forth, to playfully chasing each other around the house with the Swiffer. "I'm going to Swiffer youuuuuurrrrr faaaaaaaace!" You girls are everything that sisters should be! It makes me happy to imagine you continuing to be best friends for the rest of your lives. 


Abby Julia, you have your great-grandma's looks and what a wonderful legacy that is! (I know you and Linz are identical twins, but everyone agrees that it is you that looks like Grandma Robinson.. I don't know why that is!) Grandma R. loved to tell people that you carry on the name of our ancestor, Julia Abby. I didn't name you that way on purpose, but I think it is really cool! I hope that you will continue to build on your family's legacy by continuing with your music. You play the viola beautifully and it makes me so proud! I absolutely love your laughter and the way that you are such a great helper.

Linzie Savanna, we often joke that you are the other mom because you take such excellent care of everyone around you! I love the way you are so task oriented and your hard work shows in everything you do!  Your humor and antics make me laugh every day. (You are seriously one of the funniest people I know!) I love the way you are so kind and loving toward everyone around you, especially your identical twin.  Your heart is mighty!

It's hard to imagine that two years from now you will both be driving, four years from now you will be off to college, and eventually you will have families of your own. I can't wait to see the wonderful things you will each accomplish in your lives. No matter what, never forget that I will always be here to celebrate your triumphs, wipe your tears, hug you tightly every chance I get, and support you in every way possible.

We had a rough year, but we weathered it together. I am certain that the year ahead will be much better and next year we will look back with nothing but fond memories! 

I love you my littlest chickens!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Last of the Thirteen from Carley Yelrac on Vimeo.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.