Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Can Bite Me!

If Marvel Comics was looking for a new villain, I'd suggest Peanut Butter Man.  What a unique comic that would be! Peanut Butter Man could go around causing havoc and destruction everywhere he went. Even a whiff of him could topple a building and his touch alone would be certain death.

Right now you must be thinking I've left the planet.  Sometimes I wish I had. My sweet girl is hurting  today and it is because of peanut butter.  Oh how I hate that sticky stuff that I used to love!

Emily is amazing!  She is beautiful and has more talent than I ever will. Em is a born entertainer who thrives on being around people and spreading happiness everywhere she goes.

But damn the luck, she was also born with a life-threatening peanut allergy. There were many close calls before we figured out what was going on and ever since the diagnosis we have been trying to protect her from America's favorite snack.

Last night my sweet girl spent hours making cookies for her advisory class today. Emily loves to bake and her creations are always fun and unique! Unfortunately, she didn't get to share her treats today because someone else brought peanut butter bars and Em had to leave immediately. I am so sad at the thought of my sweet girl having to swallow that huge disappointment.

It's not fair.  I wish I could take this stupid allergy from her. I'd gladly shoulder the burden so she could live her life truly carefree... for once.

You may have won this round, Peanut Butter Man, but you'll never defeat my girl. She's stronger than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.