Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chicken Soup and Cough Drops

Around here winter means cold, cough and flu season. YUCK! My mom is sick, three of my girlies are sick, and the pharmacy loves us! You know it's bad when we forgo our nightly hugs at bedtime, opting instead for "just a wave" and saying, "I'm hugging you with my mind!" I still love my little monkeys, I just want them to keep their germs to themselves as much as possible!

 The hacking coughs go on day and night, slowing down with meds but never fully stopping. The only consolation? The girls have pretty much been allowed to play Wii as much as they want to. I wish there was more I could do to comfort them!  

Abby models the Maui blanket while Linzie models the Lake Powell blanket. Poor sickos!

Today I decided to make some chicken noodle soup to take over to my Mom who is also very sick. She's been in bed for the last two days straight and that's saying something when it comes to my mom.. usually nothing gets her down! She says she can't taste anything but I'm hoping the warmth of the soup will be soothing to her anyway. I know I feel better just knowing that someone is thinking about me when I'm feeling crappy. 

This smaller pot of chicken noodle soup with dumplings is for Mom's household. The larger pot will stay here to feed my own little sicklings. I need to convince them that cough drops are not a food group! (Poor little munchkins are coughing away even as I type this! 
You know what? The dumplings were Ahhh-mazing! If you want the recipe, let me know. :)

I tried something new with the dumplings today, I made them from scratch (because I was out of Bisquick)  adding parsley and cheddar to the dough and I topped them with a little garlic salt and Gruyere cheese. I hope it turns out yummy!

I can only hope that the nasty virus will pass me by and that my sweeties will feel better soon! In the meantime, here's a few awesome pictures taken last fall from my driveway to help us look forward to Spring!



OMG, what does it mean?!! 
(haha! Make sure you click the link above so you know what I am referring to!)


UPDATE:  We took the soup to Mom's but the poor little thing was still in bed so we didn't get to see her. My dad is now coming down with it too and he was stretched out in a comfy chair resting with his Nook and his dog nearby. It melted my heart! I hope everyone feels better soon!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.