Thursday, January 6, 2011

Insomnia? There's An App For That!

Ever since December 25th, there's been a lot of app-ing going on around here.  For those who may not get my meaning immediately, what I mean to say is that there are approximately five iPods in this house that have the capability to amuse for hours with silly games otherwise known as - "Apps."

My loving family has been sucked into the underworld of apps!

90 seconds of bliss in zen modeEasily my favorite to play is Fruit Ninja.  First of all, anything with a Ninja in it automatically gets my vote. Secondly, that game totally rocks! I could spend hours swiping fruit out of existence (and late at night I do!) as I strive for the high scoring combos! They say Ninjas don't like fruit... if that's true then I will have to take a vow of fruit silence because I think my skill clearly indicates that I was born for this job!


 My girlies like this Pocket God app that allows them to have complete dominion over little native dudes that are in complete awe of rainbows.  "Ooooh, what does it mean???" I tinkered with it a bit before heading back to my Ninja fruit-stalking duties. There's only so much fun to be had by dropping those little natives into the ocean anyway.

Carley rules at this little game called "Cut the Rope" where the premise is to use physics (psychics?) to cleverly cut the dangling candy so that you collect stars AND feed the adorable froggy that just sits there making hungry baby noises and opening his mouth when the candy is near. Admittedly, this game IS fun but what I don't want to admit is that Carley is WAY smarter than me when the upper levels started getting complicated. My little froggy dude would starve if it weren't for the clever abilities of Carley!

Yesterday I was having a bit of an off day... I have an earache that is killing me and making me not want to do much other than plop my head on a heating pad and hope I don't cook my brains while soothing the ache in my ear with electricity.  There's not a lot a person can do with their ear aimed at the ground.... so I checked out the Apps!  I ninja-ed for a while and even achieved my new high score but then I wanted something new and Apple has been a sneaky fiend lately by offering so many Apps for only .99 so I could try a few new things.  And that's when I discovered "The Moron Test."

Try to control your jokes. ;)

I have seen this particular game hovering in the top ten for quite a while now but since I KNOW I'm not a moron, I figured it wasn't a game for me.  Last night, I apparently thought it was time to give this moron thing a try.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

This game is completely, totally, hopelessly addicting! And FRUSTRATING!  With instructions telling me NOT to push the red button that has "continue" written on it in all caps, sneaky directions involving hopelessly cute animals, and wicked fast lightening rounds, I was determined to prove that I was not, in fact, a moron.  (I have much work to do!)
 iPhone Screenshot 1iPhone Screenshot 2

At one point, as I was still working on the Moron Test in the early hours of the morning, Hubby rolled over and said, "You have a problem." To which I replied, "I knnnnnow!" But he thought I was being a Fruit Ninja when I was really trying to assert my intelligence in the world of Apps.

A little game that keeps me playing long after the rest of the family is asleep and my eyes are burning with fatigue?  Maybe I AM a moron afterall!

1 comment:

  1. Not big into aps, but the fruit ninja does sound interestingly fun. My boys like them too though.

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.