Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This Lil Guy..

When I'm troubled, or sad... or sometimes when I just have a little time to daydream......  


I think of this guy:
 Product Image


And wish I could afford to buy him from this oh so charming store that I happened to walk by on a beautiful October day in Concord, Massachusetts:  

Because sometimes it's nice to get away from the stress of the real world, 
and imagine how it must feel to touch his regal plume. 
Or his smooth, shiny back.

I think his antique wheels must squeak a tiny bit
as they are gently rolled across a smooth coffee table 
where he would undoubtedly spend his days
perched in proud splendor.
 Then I imagine that he is much larger than any table,
because the entire world dangles from his beak.

We are all just tiny people,
hitching a ride
from a Bird on Wheels.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.