Monday, February 21, 2011

Life Is What Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans

Waking up to snow this morning puts me in a wintery sort of mood. I'm thinking it is going to be a great day to make some clam chowder and homemade bread while dreaming of wonderful New England visits. It's hard to believe that we had glorious spring weather last week with temperatures so warm that our windows were open wide all day and night.  Not so much this morning.. Brrrr!

Speaking of last week, remember the Jeep I bought at auction for the girls? I am laughing at what it has turned into. Apparently Hubby had a hidden genetic need for Jeeps and now that his switch has been triggered, he's a full-on Jeep man! It is really cute to see how attached he is to the vehicle I purchased for the girls... but truthfully I am beginning to wonder how he will ever be able to let go of it long enough for them to claim it. I think we just may have a turf war in the making, but at least the girls won't have to worry about the Jeep being properly maintained. Cute Hubby completely cleaned the nasty interior, washed all of the windows and then hand washed the exterior and changed the oil. Could it be true love? I don't know how deeply his Jeep love affair runs, but I definitely love the way we can entice a sly grin from him just by saying the word "Jeep" in his presence.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I love this cute guy of mine?

Our week was also filled with Valentine gifts, scholarship highs and lows, one mortgage refinance loan and a Sweetheart's dance for Emily and Madi. It was a super busy week, but let me tell you a little secret.... Hubby has been in some sort of class for his work all week which means he was working during the day and HOME in the evenings! *happy dance*  I'm certain there would have been drama up to my eyeballs if Hubby hadn't been right by my side each night.  He's a super hero! Maybe we should call him Anti-Drama Man!  Hubby has two more weeks of school in the day and you better believe I will be enjoying every minute of having him home with the family in the evening!

**Update-  I started writing this post on Sunday morning. I finished it on Monday morning in a much different mood than I was feeling the previous day. 

Last night Hubby sprang it on me that he was bidding for his yearly shift at work. He explained to me that he wanted to go back to working on the planes, rather than working the tower which he has done for the past two years... working on airplanes means he would be gone in the evening and he would not get weekends with us... his family.  He then told me that there WAS one tower opening that would give him the same shift and days off that he has had for the last year. I desperately hoped he would choose that option. I tried to point out all of the reasons why that would be the best choice.. one full weekend day with the family, more opportunities for at least one day of getting out of the house together, weekend visits with Ashley.. it seemed like the best choice to me. I was sick over it but hoped that he would choose family.  He did not.  :(

Suffice it to say that I went to bed with a broken heart last night. Hubby and I exchanged some heated words and I cried. A lot. But there's nothing I can do about it now. Can someone please explain to me why men are so dumb when it comes to the obvious?  Oh well. I will have to learn to live with the new schedule.. and concentrate on my girlies who are my true constants anyway.

Not the way I hoped to wrap up this blog post but sometimes life delivers a kick in the pants that derails the happy train.

Hubby's Selfish Monster:1  Me: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.