Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seeing Red

Some people go out of their way to make sure Valentine's Day is symbolically red. Yesterday ours was overflowing with red! Some of it was intentional, some of it just worked out that way. Either way, today I simply had to break out the camera and take some fun pictures of yesterday's Red.

I call him FLS. It's an inside joke referring to his mischievous streak. F=effing L= little S= $hi!
Even the floral vase was a deep shade of red. Look at how it glows in the sunlight!

Roses from my sweetheart, the love of my life. Does it get any better?

Five little paper cranes handmade by Carley. She knows how much I love paper cranes!
We won this Jeep at a car auction. It will be for the teenagers to drive. Red on Valentine's Day... how cool is that!

We went to our favorite pizza joint, The Rusted Sun, while we waited for the auction place to get a key made for the Jeep.

Look at this bad boy! It makes our old mixer look miniature! I can't wait to mix up some serious bread dough! Thanks, babe, I love you!
Yesterday was a lot of fun. I enjoyed my afternoon visit with Mom and Dad, had time to spend with my family, and we fell into bed feeling very accomplished at the end of the day. Now if only I had been able to take a quick trip to Massachusetts to give Aunt Dottie a squeeze then my day would have been perfectly perfect!

I hope your Valentine's Day was as wonderful as ours.... but don't stop there. Enjoy the people that you love EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.