Thursday, September 1, 2011

Round and Round We Go.. Where My Girls Are... I Sure As Heck Don't Know!

When I was a little girl, I remember standing outside with my arms stretched out on either side of me and my face aimed up toward the sun as I spun in circles until I couldn't stand up anymore. To my little barefoot self, that was the greatest feeling in the whole. wide. world! Fast forward thirty five years and would you believe me if I told you that my grown up self has that dizzy, which-way-is-up feeling but without the joy of spinning?

Let me explain...

My oldest girls started college recently. My middle girl is a senior in high school. My youngest girls are at the beginning of their very last year of junior high.  In addition, the three oldest girls all have jobs and I never, I repeat, NEVER have any idea when they will be home or at school or off gallivanting with their hormone-driven friends.

Please cue the maniacal merry-go-round music and put it on fast forward, because I'm pretty sure this crazy ride's one I won't be getting off of anytime soon. Pass the Dramamine while you're at it. Please and thankyaverramuch!

My little girls aren't so little anymore. I know I sound like a broken record, but when the heck did they grow up and who said they could do that anyway? I mentioned to Hubby today that I'm not so certain I will handle the "empty nest syndrome" very well... his response?  "Are you kidding me? That's when you and I will start vacationing all the time!"

I may not get to see them face-to-face quite as often these days, but thank heavens we all have text messaging to keep in touch!

And for the record... you will always be my little girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.