Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two More Days


It's hard to believe this little girl is graduating from high school in two days.. where did the time go? Emily is my only child that did not come with a twin. I have often joked with her that it is because I could only handle one child with the amount of energy she has. What a beautiful young lady she has grown up to be!

Emily, as you begin your journey into adulthood, never forget how special you are! I fought diligently to protect your unique qualities when you were little and oh-so-energetic! I told everyone that you have a special purpose and I was determined that no one would squash the spirit in you. I hope that you will continue to protect it as I have done. Keep your dreams alive and never sacrifice who you are by bending to the ideas of what other people think you ought to be.  Emily, I love the way you care for other people around you. When you see someone hurting, you are right there with one of your "nose kisses" to remind that person they are loved, and your hugs are one of the highlights of my life! You are such a beautiful young woman... inside and out! I am so proud to be your mom and I can't wait to see what wonderful things you do next!

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, sweet girl - I love you, my precious Emmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.