Monday, June 4, 2012

Mental and Emotional Battles

This is a tough week for our family and it comes on the heels of such a wonderful, momentous week. Life has a sense of humor, doesn't it?  One week we are giddy and celebrating and now we find ourselves quiet, withdrawn and very serious as we prepare for an event that is completely out of our control - one that we are 99.9% certain will have a good outcome... but that tiny percent sure wreaks havoc on our fragile emotions.

Complicating matters is my own heart/head combination. My heart knows what is right but my head is confused and afraid and it tells me that there is more than one right answer... but which one is more right? I don't know.. and the mental tug-of-war is making me more than a little difficult to live with, I'm sure.

How exactly does a person make decisions between two situations that are both right, depending on how you look at it, but each choice also has difficult, painful consequences at the same time?

Tough. And I still don't have the answer.

(Please keep our girl, Ashley, in your thoughts and prayers this week. I'm sure it will all turn out well, but extra prayers are always appreciated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.