Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Day, Another Surgery

Madi is holding up like a champ! Yesterday she had surgery to remove what we think was a cyst from her foot. The surgeon originally thought it was multiple cysts or tumors, but once they were in the operating room they discovered it was one giant cyst and they had to adjust their plan accordingly. Needless to say, my girl ended up with a much larger incision than we bargained for, and she's already sick of being limited to the couch, but I'm proud of how she is handling her discomfort so far. The doctor told me she woke up from the sedation smiling and she's managed to keep her good mood ever since.

I wish I could say the same about me. If a surgeon could cure me of this ongoing issue then I'd be running for the OR. Instead, I keep waiting for this gloomy funk to disappear. I want to find a way to be ok with the stresses in my life. I just can't seem to get there and I can see it is taking a toll on everyone around me. Tonight I secluded myself in my bedroom for some alone time because I couldn't smooth my rough edges enough. If I was a clam, I'd be busy making one hell of a pearl from this constant irritation. 

I need something... I just can't figure out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.