Thursday, July 19, 2012

Every Little Ting Is Gonna Be Alright

I think this is the first time I've turned my computer on in over a week. It's been that crazy in my life lately.  Overall I think things are starting to smooth out though and that's a huge relief. True, we have had some growing pains in our family recently, and the process involved some tears and several lengthy discussions, but my family always comes out of any adversity stronger than ever before.

Here are some things I've learned, or revisited recently:

  • Letting go of being primary caretaker for my girls is a tough transition, but they are soaring! These beautiful girls have learned all the right lessons and I'm so proud of the way they steer their own lives. 
  • Just because people assume I'm falling apart doesn't mean I have to make it true for them. 
  • Sleep is very, very important! 
  • Having a cell phone in my pocket while chasing a drifting waverunner off shore into waist deep water is not good for the phone. Submersion = loss of phone. 
  • Putting waterlogged cell phone in a container of rice overnight is a lot like Dr. Frankenstein raising the dead.  It's ALIVE! 
  • Karma is real. I've always known this, but it's nice to see that what goes around truly does come around, even if it takes years to do so. All the more reason to always do the right thing. 
  • Having a sister that I can call and have a long, emotional conversation with is a lifesaver. 
  • That saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is a bunch of crap! Words do hurt. Always choose your words carefully. 
  • Having a day of outdoor fun is nice, but having a day of doing nothing is sometimes even better. 
  • Gardening really does soothe the soul. 
  • Cooking also eases my tension. I've been too tired to do a lot of creative cooking lately and I really miss it. 
  • Taking the time to play games with my girls, even when I'm exhausted, is something I will never regret. I'm still thinking about a recent night of games with grins and giggles.. I doubt I'd still be thinking about going to bed early that night. 
  • Sometimes people appear in your life and it feels as though they were meant to be there all along. Having friends that are more like family is precious.
  • Nothing is more important than family. Nothing. 

A day of boating with my precious family. That's me, Carley and little Ty on the bow of the boat, Bill is driving and that's our dear friend, Brian's arm on the left. :) The other girls were sitting in the back of the boat. More pictures to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.