Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Crazy Life

Fall is beginning all around me and I am easily reminded of why this is my favorite season. Last week, Hubby and I went to pick tomatoes at a local farm so I could start my fall tomato projects. It didn't take long before those bushels of tomatoes were turned into wonderful smells of chili sauce and spaghetti sauce cooking on my stove, to be safely tucked into glass jars that will line my pantry shelves for the winter. I still have a box of tomatoes sitting on my table, waiting for me to skin, slice and can them... I just ran out of steam today!

I'm running at least a week behind on my tomato projects because I was surprised with a work trip to Cincinnati. What a shock it was to be given the honor to represent my workplace on such an amazing trip! I'll admit that I was nervous to go, but I ended up in complete disbelief that I was being paid for so much rowdy fun with great coworkers I had met for the first time only days prior to the departing flight. We walked all over that city, exploring the sights and we may even have stalked a few famous football players at our hotel. (Drew Brees was adorably sweet even though I clearly didn't know his name while I was talking to him!)

The view from my hotel room on the 20th floor. 
It was wonderful to have new experiences and to get paid for going on a mini vacation, but I was happy to get home to my cute family who acted like they kind of missed me while I was gone. :) We laughed into the early hours of the morning as I recounted my Cincinnati adventures and I fell asleep snuggled up with my Hubby. Life is so good! 

My girlies are all back in school now. I realized that I actually have four sophomores this year! The oldest twins are college sophomores and the youngest twins are high school sophomores. Crazy! Although keeping up with them is still difficult to do, I am so proud of them every single day! They know that we have high expectations for them and they never disappoint.
My youngest twins, Linzie and Abby on their first day of high school.  
I might be exhausted and scatterbrained most days due to the demands of this busy busy family, but I wouldn't change it for anything! I'm married to a sweet guy who rocks the handyman skills, my girls are all successful over-achievers, and I have a stable job that pays me to do fun things. I'm so blessed!

Random photos taken recently:

A torrential rainstorm unleashed on us one evening. The rain was coming from every direction and we absolutely loved it!
After the rain, we were treated to a spectacular rainbow over our neighbor's house!


Two of my college students... Carley and Emily... mugging for the camera. I'm not sure they realize how beautiful they are!
Carley and Madi mugging for the camera while limiting Linzie to the bottom corner of the picture. Gotta love sisters!


I miss my blogging days.. I really do! I keep thinking if only I had more time.  I'm hoping to change that soon though... my new shift starts on October 1st and I will be working four ten-hour days which means three days off! I'm also hoping to sneak in a trip to Boston once I get the new routine ironed out! Mom and I can't wait to give Dottie a hug in person! Fingers crossed that I can make that happen in October!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.