Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Whistle in the Distance

I searched through hundreds and hundreds of train images to find one that struck just the right emotion. With help from the girls, we transformed it from a dull colored image to one that we feel is pretty cool. I didn't know what his last words were when we were creating this image, but I've since been told that the last thing he said was,"Did you hear that?" as a train whistled in the far off distance. I will never again hear a train whistle without thinking of you, Grandpa. And although the distance may be vast, we'll catch up don't you worry.

This is our tribute to an incredible man who is now waiting up around the bend for us. Grandpa, part of my heart went with you when you left but I know you will take good care of it until we meet at the next station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.