Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boston- Day 6



My heart is so heavy tonight. Mom and I had a wonderful day with Aunt Dottie today. I had been hoping to have a day to do nothing but visit and listen to Dottie's memories, and today did not disappoint. Mom and I didn't want the day to end!

For lunch Aunt Dottie set a beautiful table, complete with a delicate pink table cloth, exquisite blue and white plates, silverware, folded napkins and condiments set out in dishes. We dined on bread, cheese, tomatoes and grapes, local cider, and we finished with the zucchini bread we had brought from Walker's farms. It was an absolutely perfect afternoon and I was so grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of it.
Aunt Dottie, you are beautiful, graceful, kind, generous, and oh so loving! I will take the echo of your beautiful laugh home with me, and carry you in my heart every day! Thank you for giving your time so freely, putting up with Mom and I driving all over the country, and for being so delightful no matter what!
I plan to write a summary of this wondrous trip once I'm home, but for now I need to swallow the lump in my throat, finish packing (even though I don't want to leave) and reflect on how fortunate I am to have had this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very nice time and you really got to spend some QT with your aunt. I've never been to Boston, but hear that autumn is the best time to go.

    ReplyDelete

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.