Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bringing Hawaii To Us!


I am thrilled that Hubby's Hawaiian sister and her family are coming to visit us at the end of March! Leilani, Kona and their children, Christian and Jolene, are coming to stay with us for a day or two and I hope to be able to introduce them to my family and keep them entertained while they are here.

But there's the rub..  How in the world will our favorite islanders be impressed with Utah in the winter?? 

Last night we were giddy as we talked about having a big dinner event and having lots of people over... okay, okay.. maybe it was just ME that was giddy, but STILL!  I love these people so much and I don't want them to dislike their visit with us. The only thing that I can think of to show them that they don't have back home is snow! (And they aren't used to being cold so I doubt skiing will be high on their wish list!)

Allow me to show you some fun things we have done with Leilani, Kona and family while on their sandy turf:




As you can see from just a few of our photos, we have had amazing adventures in Hawaii with our family there. We have snorkeled with sea turtles, visited active volcanoes, enjoyed wonderful luaus, visited Pearl Harbor, and we did lots and lots of shopping! (and that isn't even HALF of what we have experienced over there!) I have no idea what we could possibly offer Leilani and Kona here in Utah, but nevertheless, I am so excited that they are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.