Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That...

So this weekend has been a little bit all over the map, as they say.  (Who the heck are "they" anyway?) Have you ever felt like you could just crawl into bed with a good book and stay there for a few days..  yes?  Me too! I think I may have to do a bit of quiet reading tomorrow afternoon when I have the house to myself.

Friday was.. nuts!  I surprised the girls with a trip to the dentist because Carley's cavity paranoia was off the charts and I decided to ease her mind. The thing about Carley is that she ALWAYS thinks she has a cavity ... and she never does! So when she comes up to me and says, "Mom, I think I have a cavity." I usually respond with, "You're just paranoid, Car." To which she insists, "NO! I really DO this time."  Again.. she never really does, and she didn't this time either. But at least she can put the paranoia away for a week or so.

After the dentist, Hubby and I took his dad grocery shopping. Oh my! There's something very special about a grocery trip to Wal-Mart with Hubby and his Pops. Some random lady saw me helping my father in law locate the bath tissue and assumed I worked at Wal-Mart. While Hubby giggled over the situation, I nicely helped the lady find the rug cleaner she was looking for.  Hubby laughed and said I had downgraded from being mistaken for Oprah to being mistaken as a Wal-Mart worker. FML

Sidenote - The Oprah story:
Hubby and I were vacationing in Hawaii once when a woman approached me and told me I looked exactly like Oprah Winfrey. It totally wrecked my day.  I smiled and thanked her, and said something about how I wished I had Oprah's bank account. In my head I was thinking, what the heck! I am a thirty-something WHITE girl. Hubster still laughs about that one. 



Side-by-Side Comparison.  Is it the hair or my Hawaiian tan?  Seriously though, I'd take her bank account!

I continued my Friday afternoon by rushing home to meet my nieces, Breckly and Ty who were at my house for 5 mintues before Abby and Linzie got home from school. Then I rushed to Layton High School to pick up Madi so we could rush home and get her ready for work.. then rush her to work.

My life is a series of rush hours. Not even kidding!

We did have some great moments this weekend, including Hubby's first grill night of the year and laughing our guts out over the things Carley says.. "I almost had water!" Or, "Everything I've seen, I've seen!"  But my favorite one had to be, "No, yes, no. What I mean by that is yes."  Oh my goodness, our sides hurt from laughing! Nothing is better than time spent as a family and now we are all itching for summer to get here so we can have our weekly barbecue nights. Bring on the flip flops and family fun!

We wrapped up our weekend by rushing to make chocolate covered pretzels in chocolate mint flavor and raspberry cheesecake flavor for Hubster to take to his work Superbowl potluck today (thanks for the 90 minute notice, Hubby!) then we sang at the top of our lungs on the way to and from Mom's for a little Superbowl visit. Naturally we laughed ourselves silly over there too. We enjoy each others' company, what more can I say?

Life is good! The kids all said they had a great day today, and I agree.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with the girlies to watch the Glee premiere, which is what we've REALLY been looking foward to all day. Who needs the Superbowl when you have Glee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.