Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hoo-Ray!

It's Spring!  Around here that means two things:  
  1.  Spring Cleaning
  2. Moab camping trip! 
We also have an extremely rare treat this week... Bill's sister, Leilani, and her adorable family are coming for a one day visit on Thursday. We wish they could stay longer, but we will take what we can get. For years now we have been trying to get them to leave their beautiful Hawaiian home for a short vacay with us in Utah. But... can you really blame them for not wanting to make that swap? We have always been more than eager to swap our locale for theirs! Also, Leilani's big burly man, Kona, has this silly notion that we have snakes and bears right outside our doors. (Okay, so we kinda have a snake living in the rocks in our front yard, but he's a harmless little thing that eats spiders so he can stay.)

So what does all this mean?  It means that today I made a spring cleaning list! Can I get a "Hoo-Rah" for spring cleaning?  No? How about a "Hip-Hip-Hooray!" for a sparkling clean house?  Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! The list that I created covered an entire sheet of paper.. the more I wrote, the more I began to worry that there would be no way to get it all done before our company arrives on Thursday and before we leave for Moab on Sunday. Yikes! That's when inspiration struck and I decided to put a dollar amount on each job listed. Big jobs went for $10-$20 each whereas most jobs were $5 because they could be completed in a short amount of time. There is one monster job that has a $50 price tag on it though because it is no fun at all and takes the most time to complete. As soon as I announced the bounty to be made, the girls jumped right up and started signing up for the spring cleaning extravaganza! Some jobs they are managing solo and the bigger ones they are teaming up on and will split the profits. Thank goodness for divine inspiration and a slush fund dedicated to the girls!

For the last few hours, there has been happy music playing in the background while the girls laugh and chatter back and forth as they work hard on Spring chores. I have to say that they have had me laughing too! I simply adore my sweet, funny, helpful girls!

Linz cleaning the ceiling fans

Abby was cleaning baseboards but kept calling them "Billboards"  haha!



Camera-shy Carley cleans the windows and blinds
Abby on the floor and Linz cleaning the fans



These last three pictures crack me up! While cleaning one of the cupboards, we found a pair of 3D glasses left over from when we saw "How to Train Your Dragon" .. Linz popped out the lenses and wore them while she cleaned. How cute is she!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babehs "My daughters are so many things- Tiny discoverers of butterfly wings, huggers of teddies, sweet sleepyheads, little ones to dream for in bright years ahead... All Special people who right from the start had a place in our family and of course in my heart. And just when I think that I've learned all the things that my dear daughters are and the joy each one brings, a hug or a grin comes with such sweet surprise that love finds me smiling with tears in my eyes!"

.